Saturday, August 27, 2011

To Shoot or not to Shoot?

This weekend the youth in our ward were able to participate in a campout/gun shooting activity in Terre Haute.  Basically, the Scouts camped out last night and then the Young Women came up to join them this morning to take part in the shooting portion.  Tori and I really weren't planning on attending since Jared was going to the whole activity.  But a very last minute change came up and we were able to come up last night as well - although we got to "campout" in the house!!!  Prince was also able to come with us and he loved being outside so much and having so much new attention! 
Tori took a little extra time waking up this morning! 
Jared got to be one of the station supervisor people.  (Go Katie!!!)
Don't you think this is just an awesome picture?  And check out all of that fabulous use of hearing protection!  It made my little audiologist heart very happy!!!
Even I took a few shots - heck yes!!!  Sadly, they didn't take a picture of me shooting the Desert Eagle 44 caliber (I think that is right)!
Tori had a great time being outside all day, and loved eating many things off of the ground- like her pretzels for example!
Marina was the only girl that even attempted to shoot this huge shotgun - way to go!
And while shooting it she brought down the entire line of targets - awesome!!!
After all of the youth were done, the grown-up-boys were able to have a crack at everything.  And they had a great time!  Jared was able to shoot every gun at least once - his favorite ended up being the 223 semi-automatic rifle!  Here he is shooting the 9mm semi-automatic handgun (I am so glad he remembers all these numbers and names)!!! 
By all accounts, this activity was a huge success!  No one got hurt - except for a few bruises from kickbacks.  The location and food were amazing!!!  I am so glad that our family was able to participate!
I just have to say that I love the youth in our ward - they are absolutely fantastic!  I am so glad that Jared and I get to serve them and feel of their strong testimonies at this time!  You are all amazing examples to us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment