Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's Conference Time!!!

In the days of King Benjamin, he asked his people to gather so he could speak with them. The people came in multitudes to hear the words of their prophet! They put up tents, faced them towards the temple, and gathered their family around them to listen to the words he would deliver (see Mosiah 2:5-6). This weekend, we had a similar experience, to gather our little family together and watch General Conference! It was so amazing to hear the inspired and loving words of our church leaders, and especially those of our dear prophet President Monson! It was most definitely a spiritual feast from beginning to end! (Watch Conference Here!!!)
Of course, we want Tori and Garrett to participate in as much of Conference as possible. So we came up with some fun things to do while watching this weekend!
We found fun Conference pictures for them to color. Tori really liked coloring the picture of each leader as they were speaking!
We also had lots of time to keep all warm and cozy!
During the Saturday afternoon session, we popped a bunch of popcorn- it was a huge hit! I love this picture of Garrett, with his popcorn, totally enthralled in Conference!
One of my most favorite quotes of the entire Conference- 
Such a great reminder that I need to remember where doubts come from. And that I can always place my trust in my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and rely on my faith!!!
Saturday evening, I asked Tori what her favorite part of Conference had been so far. She replied, "All the girls (in the choir) are my friends!" So, when the Sunday morning session started, Tori and Garrett were so excited to find their "friends!!!"
This quote was from Jared's favorite talk-
Conference was so wonderful! I loved feeling the spirit so strongly in our home. And I loved watching Tori and Garrett- they would both say "temple" whenever they saw the Salt Lake Temple! Garrett started saying, "Conference," today. We had our tent and our family facing the temple and the prophet this weekend- and we loved every moment!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment