Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wrap Wednesday

Today Tori and I travelled downtown to Riley Hospital to participate in the traditional "Wrap Wednesday" with my fellow audiologists. I think we (the audiologists) have had wraps every Wednesday for about three years now. It is an absolutely fabulous tradition - not only are the wraps great, but it gives you something to look forward to in the middle of the week! Today was even better for a few reasons. One - I haven't had a wrap in 2 months and it tasted so great. Two - it was so much fun showing Tori off and having her meet everyone! I know that she enjoyed her bonding time with all of the incredible ladies at Riley!!! We will definitely have to come for Wrap Wednesdays every once in a while!!!

And now for a little backtracking. Tori and I made our first visit to Riley last week. Once Tori arrived, I knew that I needed to stay at home with her. Jared and I talked this over with each other and felt it was the right thing for our family. Last week's visit was to let my boss and coworkers know about our decision. I must admit that I was really nervous, I wasn't sure how happy everyone at work would be about me not coming back. Looking back, I shouldn't have been nervous at all. Everyone was so amazingly supportive!!! I know I am going to miss working at Riley, it has been a great place to learn and grow. I have become a much better audiologist over the past four years. But the thing I am going to miss the most is my Riley family. That is really how I feel about all of the audiology team and the incredible staff I have been privileged to associate with. You have all been there for me, Jared, and now for Tori through so much! Thank you for being the amazing people that you are! And don't worry, I promise that we will come visit often.

Now for a really great story that is a little on the lighter side. As we were finishing up our visit last week, Tori was getting a fussy since it was time for her to eat. Doris was holding her, so I asked if she would like to feed Tori her bottles. She jumped at the chance. Tori did a great job eating and burping - or so we thought. As Tori was finishing up, Doris asked me if she usually burped at the end. Just as I was saying she did, Tori became a fountain. I didn't know her little body could hold that much liquid! It went everywhere - all over the floor, all over Tori, and especially all over Doris' pants. I felt really bad, but all I could do was laugh. Doris was a great sport and said she would just wear scrubs for the afternoon. I really was kicking myself though - I didn't have my camera to document the event. So today, Tori once again needed to eat before we left Riley. I was a little shocked when Doris agreed to feed her again. The outcome this time was much better. I did have my camera today - here they are together!

No comments:

Post a Comment