Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Festivities

Labor Day has always seemed like a pretty random holiday to me.  But, if it means that Jared gets a day off of work to spend with us, then I am all for it!  We started out our morning at our ward's annual Labor Day breakfast at Franklin Park.  It has been so blisteringly hot around here, that waking up to a chilly morning kind of threw us off.  We all wore jackets, along with shorts, thinking it would warm up in no time.  Lucky for us we had our jackets and a blanket in our car- because it did not warm up.  After our yummy pancake breakfast, Tori was off to discover the playground!  She loves slides - anytime we drive past one she says "wee-slide, wee-slide, wee-slide" for as long as she can see one.  So, she was in heaven trying out all of the fun slides!
And her hair loved the slides as well!!! 
Then she found the horsies, or "neighs" as she usually calls them.  We loved that she pet her horse first...
and then climbed on for a ride!!!
And of course we had to take some time on the swings!
Jared was also able to join in the annual football game.  It cracks me up to watch the men and boys from our ward play this game every year - I think they have about 15 plus people on each team.  It seems a bit chaotic to me, but it is a highlight every year!  So sad that I didn't get any pictures of Jared in action. 
After our ward activity, we headed home to thaw out a bit and spend some time with Prince.  We all enjoyed being able to chill for the rest of the day (I so love this picture of these 3 chillin')!!!
As a side note, recently Tori has started to change her babies' diapers.  She usually makes a sound that I really have no idea how to type - something along the lines of "ick" but with a very German sounding 'g' thrown in there some where.  Anyways, then she will run out of the room to go get a diaper (or in this case 2 diapers)...
and proceed to change their diapers! (So glad I finally got some good pictures of this process, I love it!!!)
I love watching her figure things like this out!  It really is amazing how much she is learning and growing everyday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment