Thursday, September 1, 2011

Self Discipline

I think I have posted previously about how much Tori likes to help get Prince his food- and then proceed to dump it all over the floor.  While this act is mildly annoying, it really doesn't hurt anything and Prince seems to enjoy going on scavenger hunts to find all of his food!  Well, the thrill must have worn off, because Tori has upped the anti.  Now she has decided to start dumping his water bowl all over the floor- super duper annoying.  Not only does is make a big mess (we usually end up with a ton of water under the fridge), but then Prince and Tori are right there trying to help "clean" it up afterwards.  This afternoon Tori dumped his water out right after I had filled it up.  I'm not sure exactly what I said to her - something along the lines of "no Tori" or "stop" or "don't dump the water" - and most likely in a rather harsh tone.  Then I frantically went to work trying to clean up the water mess while also attempting to keep Prince out of it.  In the middle of clean up, I heard a chair being pushed across the floor and turned around to see what Tori was up to now. 
And this is what I saw - Tori had put herself in time out!
She even looked sad and remorseful- which made me wonder how harsh my tone really had been. 
But then her little smile came back and I knew we were okay - I did give her a big hug as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment