Sunday, January 15, 2012

Garrett's Newborn Pictures

Shortly after Garrett was blessed in late November, Jared and I decided that we were going to get some professional newborn pictures of him taken-especially of Garrett in his blessing outfit.  Well, within a week of that decision, Garrett was in the hospital and, needless to say, no professional pictures were ever taken.  When Garrett finally was able to come home, we were advised to seriously limit who he was around until the end of RSV season - basically until the end of March.  At that point we kind of gave up on the professional picture idea for his blessing outfit- most likely it wouldn't fit him once April gets here.  Last night I was thinking about all of this and feeling so sad about the whole thing.  The more I thought about it, I realized that it was more than just not getting Garrett's pictures taken.  I felt like we had been cheated out of time, plans, and, in a sense, our dreams for our little boy.  Silly as it may sound, I felt robbed.  So today I decided to do something about it!  While Jared and Tori were at church, Garrett and I had his newborn photo shoot!!!  They may not be professional, but somehow it helped heal up those feelings a little!
The first order of business- capture Garrett in his blessing day outfit! (I was so glad it still fit!)
What a cute boy!
So serious!
There's my smilin' boy!!!
I love this one!
Then I decided to let Garrett wear all the ties he got for Christmas!  Here is one that Aunt Terrah made him- he knows he looks good!
Next was the bow tie that Aunt Terrah made- he did not like the process of getting it on!
This was my favorite tie by far!!!
Look how strong he is getting!
I don't know how we ever managed to get along without this boy- love him so much!!! (By the way, this is the blanket I made him especially for his blessing day!)
And of course, no newborn photo shoot would be complete without some baby feet!
I hope you enjoyed Garrett's photo shoot- I know I did!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment