Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's celebrations were a bit interesting this year.  Since Jared was on his way home from Boston this morning and then had a swim meet tonight, I knew that we wouldn't be doing anything fun as a couple today.  So my attention turned to the kids and trying to make today special.  I started with ideas for festive food.  For breakfast we were going to have pink heart-shaped pancakes.  Tori came in and told me she wanted hers to look like a cat and Garrett wanted a mouse!  Kind of killed the whole V-day vibe.  For lunch I thought we would mix it up and try something new that I was sure they would love- spaghettios! Garrett mushed his up and threw them on the floor.  Tori took a few bites and said she didn't like them- strike number two.  For dinner we ended up having oatmeal.  The kids loved it, but I don't think that earned any points for fun and festive meals!  Lest you think our day was a complete bust, there were some things that did turn out great!
I did a fun heart hair do for Tori today!  She loved it and it turned out so cute!!!
Last night I heart-attacked the kids' doors.  It was so fun seeing their reactions this morning!  Tori was thrilled to have Valentines on her door!
I honestly don't know if Garrett noticed his Valentines, but we still got a cute picture! (Thanks for the Valentine's Day outfits Grandma and Grandpa Allen- Tori and Garrett looked adorable in them!!!)
And my most favorite thing of the day- this morning I had Tori and Garrett help me hang up Jared's Valentines. (They decorated them yesterday!)  Tori picked heart-attacking the window so he could see them as soon as he got home from Boston- it was perfect!!!
So, after the kids were in bed, and Jared was still at his swim meet, I was feeling a little blah about the whole day.  And then Jared saved the day- quite literally!  He came home with these super fun flowers...
A perfect card and some yummy treats from him and the kids!!!
Thinking back over the day, it was a fabulous Valentine's day for us!  We got to spend the day with each other and throw in a few fun things along the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment