Sunday, April 12, 2009

No Bears......

I don't know if anyone else played night games growing up. Our neighborhood in Hyde Park was full of kids, and we sure loved our night games. One of our favorites to play in the fall was called No Bears Are Out Tonight. The person who was it was buried in a pile of leaves. Then everyone else ran around the pile singing "no bears are out tonight, Daddy shot them all last night." The person in the pile (a.k.a. the bear) would then jump out of the leaves and chase everyone. The first person they caught became the new bear. And the game would start all over.

Now, this little jaunt down memory lane was sparked by my oh so handsome husband. The other night I was brushing my teeth, when I glanced over to see this:

I started laughing and images of playing No Bears are Out Tonight came rushing back. Sadly, Jared did not have the thrill of playing this game growing up. So, I explained the game and then he started to channel playing a bear- at least I think that is what he was doing:

I love my Jare-Bear so very much, he is just so adorable!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I remember that game! Jared, you're a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you two were so cute!! It makes you excited to see what your kids will look like huh?! I know the bear game too. Such a fun one! Yay for baby bellies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you how crazy you two are???? I love the pictures. I have a few memories attached to those games too. Your little girl is beautiful! Jared, when you talk to her, tell her things for me too! Like, I Love you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete