Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!

Jared and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary today! It seems as if the past year has just flown by, but it also seems like we have been together forever. Jared gave me the most beautiful long-stemmed red rose - to represent our first year! He also gave me the most amazing card - which I cried all the way through. I do have to document that Jared did cry when he read my note for him as well!!!

Since Jared has been so busy with his thesis, I planned our activities for this evening. As I was finishing up, I made Jared stay in our room - I did give him a Sudoku game and the daily crossword puzzle to keep him entertained! For our activity we went camping - apartment style (thanks so much for the idea Krista)! I packed a suitcase with things we would need and had Jared open it before we left for our destination. I think he was a bit confused at first, but really excited when he discovered a grill inside.
It was really nice that our camp ground was only about 15 feet down the hall from our bedroom. We had a tent all set up:





We had to take pictures in our tent really fast before it fell down. I should have practiced setting it up ahead of time!

We had a lovely dinner of hamburgers - prepared by our new grill master, along with pork n' beans (I had a really hard time trying to think of what to eat with hamburgers whilst camping!).
We even ate in our camp chairs. We were going to make smores for dessert, but weren't exactly sure how that would work out over the grill, so we had ice cream instead! We had a great time and it was so much fun surprising Jared.

Thank you for the most amazing year my darling Jared - here's to the rest of eternity together! I love you with all of my heart and soul!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment