Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 35

We had another appointment this morning, and my blood pressure was still up. So, effective immediately, I am on maternity leave. I did get a little teary-eyed when the doctor told us that part. I am on modified bed rest - if I am up for 2 to 3 hours then I need to be laying down for an hour to an hour and a half. My favorite part of our appointment was when we were trying to get a little more information about the 'modified bed rest.' Jared and I had been talking about me doing things around the house - like reading, working on the blog, etc. When the nurse came back in, Jared asked if I would be able to "do work around the house." She gave him the most nasty look, and turned back to me and said that yes, they were keeping me home from work so I could do all of the cooking and cleaning. Jared was mortified, and I just laughed while letting the nurse know that Jared already was doing most of that. He really has been the most amazing support through all of this!!!

We also got to have our first non-stress test (NST) today. Basically, I got to lounge in a very comfortable chair for a half hour, while they put monitors on my stomach that measured Tori's heart rate. Then I pushed a button every time I felt her move. They were checking to make sure her heart rate increases were matching up with when I pushed my button. Tori passed her first NST with no problems! Let's just hope she keeps it up, since we will now be doing them twice a week, along with weekly ultra sounds until she gets here. Today we were officially labeled as having IUGR - or Intrauterine Growth Retardation. The way the doctor explained it is that Tori is just small. Usually all of the organs develop just as they should, but for one reason or another she is not gaining weight as she should, and for that matter I'm not either. Jared and I are so glad that we have the doctors we do. They are so on the ball with monitoring me and Tori. We know that Heavenly Father led us to them to help us get Tori here safely!

After our appointment I went into work to turn in some paperwork and say goodbye. Everyone at work was so awesome and supportive. I couldn't work with better people, I love you all so much!

Here are a few belly pictures - sorry we haven't posted any for awhile:

2 comments:

  1. We will miss you while you are gone! Take care of yourself and Tori! P.S.-someone left you a gift here at work if you want Jared to come by and pick it up :)
    -Work friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself, Rachel! You look so cute! Your baby is going to be adorable! That's so fun that Jared was on tv! Only a little ways left to go, girl--you can do it!!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete