Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Heart of Texas...

Came to visit us this week! We were so excited that Grandma Allen was able to come stay with us this whole past week. As any good visit should, it started out with some awesome Grandma bonding time.
I know that Tori really enjoyed it!!!
And what could be better than a nap with Grandma?
Grandma Allen was able to teach a few scrapbooking classes in order to pay for her plane ticket out here. Tori and I tried to be a big help this week in getting ready for the class.
Tori sure does love tulle!!!
After all of her hard work, Tori was so tired that she fell asleep while still holding Lumpy!!!
In the midst of all of our hard work, we did make sure to get plenty play time in!
And a lot of tummy time with our Baby Einstein movies and Lumpy!!!
Tori and I were so excited to be able to attend Grandma Allen's scrapbook classes. I learned so much and had a great time! Part of what I learned is that I need two classes to get everything done when all the other ladies only needed one class. But for my first venture into scrapbooking, I think I did an okay job. It is definitely something I hope to get better at! Tori loved being the center of attention with all the scrapbooking ladies!!!
The event had a St. Patrick's Day theme, so we had to make sure Tori was appropriately dressed!!!
Tori even helped Grandma teach her class- which was a huge hit among the ladies here in Indy!!!
Before we had to take Grandma Allen to the airport, we stopped to have one last lunch together. Tori is such a big girl now that she was able to sit in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time.
Tori also got to eat her very first french fries - we think she liked them!!!

And she also had her first drink of soda pop - pretty sure she is not a fan yet!


Mom Allen, thank you so much for coming to visit us. Thank you for babysitting so Jared and I could have a real date. And thank you for spoiling us all rotten! We love you so much and can't wait for our next visit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment