Thursday, January 6, 2011

Our Little Miracle

This morning Tori and I went to the Mommy and Me Institute class taught by one of the sisters in our ward. I was so excited that we made it a little early and Tori was even dressed. As I got out of the car, I had an impression that I should stick my keys in my coat pocket. No, I thought, I will forget where I put them later. So I walked around the car and put my keys in Tori's diaper bag instead. Then I had another impression that I should get all of my things and the diaper bag out before I got Tori out. No, I thought again, it is just so much easier to get her out first. So, I got Tori out, closed the door, and realized that I had locked my keys, cell phone, and Tori's diaper bag in the car! Then I had a moment of panic - what on earth were we going to do? It was 9:30 in the morning, we had no way to get home, and even if we could get home, we were locked out, and what were we going to do if Tori needed a diaper change, her juice, or a snack?
I decided to head into the building and call Jared. I left him a rather frantic message, realizing that he was stuck at the school until at least 5:30 and really couldn't do much to help us. One of the sisters offered to take us home with her for the day, and that is where things were when the lesson started.
The lesson, as usual, was amazing! At one point we were talking about the account of Nephi's bow breaking. We read some really neat quotes about how the climate and the region would naturally have caused Nephi's steel bow to rust and break. But, the area where this occurred is known, even today, to have straight trees that are strong, but flexible, and are good for making bows. The point was made that even though Nephi's bow breaking was a huge trial, and one that Heavenly Father knew was going to happen, that He let it happen in a place where there was wood to make a new bow. Even though Nephi had to go through that trial, Heavenly Father was still very mindful of them and kept them ever in His watchful care!
Now, you may be wondering what this had to do with our predicament. It hit me that our situation could have been so much worse. We were safe and warm inside the church, we had access to a phone, and we were surrounded by ladies that were offering their help. The one sister that had offered to let us come to her house even had a spare car seat in her car. Then one of the sisters told me she had the phone number to the police station in her phone. We made a quick phone call, a police officer was there within 10 minutes, and we were back in our car a few minutes later!
Heavenly Father sent me two very specific impressions about my keys, which I completely ignored. He knew that I was going to lock everything in our car and what a trial that was going to be for me. But He let that trial happen in a place where we were still very much safe, warm, and protected. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father loves us so much, and is so involved in our lives, that He allows us to learn lessons and that He is always intricately involved with how things happen and fall into place! I am so grateful that His love for us is always so evident, if we just stand back and little and look at all He does for us!
So yes, today we had a little miracle in our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment