Friday, December 9, 2011

Much Needed Diversions

Having Garrett in the hospital has been so draining - both emotionally and physically.  While we wish we could spend every second with him, Jared and I know that Tori needs us just as much.  So, after much reassurance from our awesome nurses and respiratory therapists, we decided to attend Jared's swim meet last night and our ward Christmas party tonight.  We missed Garrett horribly, and called to check on him often, but I think it was really good for us to get out of the hospital for a bit!  It was also really nice to reconnect with so many people from our Indiana family - we have been so surrounded by love and support!
After dinner tonight, Jared and Derek had a grand time playing with Tori and a few of her friends!
I feel like I have cried so much over the past week, it was really nice to have a fantastic reason to laugh and be happy!
Who do you think was the biggest kid out there!!!
One of my very most favorite things is our Tori's smile!!!
I love that the group of kids involved - both young and not-so-young kept growing and growing!!!
I am so glad that we have such amazing people watching over Garrett at the hospital, because we very much needed a few diversions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment