Friday, August 14, 2009

Daddy & Tori Time

Yesterday evening I had the wonderful opportunity to feed Tori myself. This was a first for me and a very memorable moment. Since she is under the lights they want to make sure they get a good idea of exactly how much she is eating and so they let Rachel nurse for 20 minutes and then I get the last 10 minutes allotted before Tori has to go back under the lights. I fed her a bottle of the milk Rachel prepared for her of a desired amount so that the nurses know at least a minimum amount of how much she has been taking in. She is so tiny but it was so cool to be able to hold her in my arms and feed her and then burp her before she had to go back to bed. Due to her eyes being covered at all times under the lights Tori was wide awake for her feedings today and it was really neat watching her look around as she was enjoying her time in her dad and mom's arms. She was even looking up at me while I was feeding her and burping her. She is so cute and is looking healthier every time we see her.

Here is the happy father feeding his baby girl for the first time!!
Here they are staring each other down as daddy burps her!!
Oh and we almost forgot...Grandma Harrison even got in on the feeding frenzy and had the opportunity to hold her first granddaughter and feed her as well.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you got that wonderful moment. She is gorgeous. How much longer does she have to stay at the hospital? Hope you can bring her home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so stinkin cute. Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet Tori. You all are fabulous! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice feeding job guys!!! She looks so healthy and cute!!! Love ya'll!!! :)

    ReplyDelete