Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hurdle Two Complete

Early this morning I went up to check on Tori to see how she did for the last few feedings we were not a part of because I was taking care of Rachel and getting our sleep and I noticed she was swaddled in blankets. I approached the nurse (Missy) with this and Missy informed me that earlier she had swaddled her, got her dressed, turned off the warmer, and that Tori had been maintaining her own body heat for over 6 hours now. This is a big step as well that needed to be overcome to allow for Tori to come home. I asked what outfit she chose and she unwrapped her and to reveal the following outfit Isn't she just the cutest thing you have ever seen!
(Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Allen and Fam for the cute outfit)
The above picture also shows a more active and happy side of our beautiful little girl, which is a direct result of how well she has been eating. Tori has the cutest smile and I finally got a picture to show it. Last night I was taking pictures of Tori for Rachel since she was confined to her bed to cheer her up. I asked Tori to smile for her mommy and this is what I got!

She is so stinking cute it's unbelievable. That is my hand in the image and this will give you a better perspective just how small my baby girl really is. Also the following image shows this perspective in relation to a normal pacifier.
As you can see the pacifier covers over half her face and takes both her hands to hold it in her mouth. We are proud of her and the progress she is making and there is only one more hurdle to cross and she can come home. The remaining hurdle is she has to show to the doctor that she can gain weight through feeding with mom. Once she shows that she can maintain a steady weight gain we will be able to bring her home.

Here are two more cute pictures of her asleep all swaddled up.

6 comments:

  1. Your daughter is so cute! We are so happy for your family!
    Simpsons

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics of your baby girl! Hope she is able to go home soon! Hope Rachel gets well quick also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Glad that she's progressing, hope you get to take her home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura and Sam wanted to check in to see how it was when she got home, so we will check back later.
    Sam and Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Rachel!! She is soooo cute! She is doing so well, too! My sister had her baby at 25 weeks and she's a happy little 3 yr old now. Anyway, I am so glad that you're alright too. That preeclampsia stuff is kinda scary. I'm so happy for you!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope to that you both will recover quickly. I'm sorry that is has been a difficult pregnancy and recovery. Tori seems to be worth all the trouble, though. Congrats!!! Monica

    ReplyDelete