Wednesday, November 11, 2009

H1N1 Free

The past week and a half has been absolutely crazy for our family. Saturday night (Nov 7), Jared started to come down with something. By Sunday, he had a fever of 103 and would oscillate between that and having chills, sweating , and being freezing cold. When things were still the same Monday evening, we had our Home Teachers come over to give Jared a blessing. Thanks Drew and Sean for dropping everything to come help us! After the blessing, Drew offered to take Jared to the emergency room. At that point, I was so scared. We both knew that Jared needed to go, but we really didn't want to take Tori with us. I am so glad that Drew pushed us a little and was there to take Jared. The diagnosis was exactly what we were hoping it wouldn't be, H1N1. This started our quarantine. Jared basically lived in our bedroom, while Tori and I hung out in the living room. Whenever Jared came out, he had to wear a mask and he couldn't hold Tori at all. As the week progressed, we kept thinking he was almost better, and then his fever would come back. Then he started getting a really bad cough and a scary rash. So, Aunt Paula took Jared into the insta care on Saturday. Luckily, Jared did not have pneumonia! But they did put him on some really strong cough medicine. Yesterday his fever was finally gone and his cough on the mend. I am happy to report that we are now H1N1 free and Jared was able to go back to work today! Even though this has been really scary, we have been very blessed as well. Tori and I could have so easily gotten sick. I know that Heavenly Father was watching over our entire family, and especially our little Tori!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lucky, that the rest of you guys did not get it. I keep hearing the horror stories about people with H1N1 in the hospitals from teachers at my school that have to check up on other students. You guys were very blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I know how you feel. Our whole family got it except for my little girl, but I got it the worst! Glad to hear you are feeling better! Your little girl is so cute!

    ReplyDelete