Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Rose by Any Other Name...

Ever since our Victoria Mae was born, she has been accumulating a wide variety of nicknames. Some of them are very random and others pretty self explanatory. Not wanting to forget any of them, I have been keeping a list for the last month or so. I am sure that Tori is going to wonder where some of them came from - I wonder the same thing!!!

Tori and Tori Mae are her most common nicknames. Jared and I both call her Miss Tori. Every once in a while Jared calls her Miss Mae -I think that one is so cute!!!

While not very creative, we call Tori our Baby Girl and our Angel Baby! Honey Bunny would probably fit in the not very creative category as well, but I use it all the time!

All of the rest are rather random and interesting, so I will explain them as best I can!!!

Squirmy Wormy: I started calling Tori my Squirmy Wormy almost right from the start. Whenever she was eating and would get a bubble, she would squirm all over the place until she could burp it out.

Puke Head: In Jared's defense, he has only used this one once. But it had to go on the list! This came from one night when Tori decided to turn into a fountain and spit up everywhere.

Cuddle Bug: This is a great nickname since Tori is such a cuddly baby!

Fuzz Head: Jared started using this one when Tori's hair started to grow longer.

Bobble Head: Another of Jared's nicknames for Tori. This one came about when Tori started to hold her head up a little better, but would still bobble around a bit.

Short Round: Personally, I think this is her most random nickname that Jared has given her. I really don't know why or where it came from, but this is what they were doing when Jared first used it:
Maybe you will be able to see Jared's inspiration!!! (P.S. Tori's pineapple pajamas are my favorite - we have her wear them whenever we watch an episode of Psych!)

4 comments:

  1. Tori's 3 month pictures are so cute :) What a cute dress. Love all the nicknames. We really aren't creative when it comes to nicknames for Melanie. We usually call her BABY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie! We actually call Darin's little girl Miss Mai sometimes (Kyra's middle name is Mai too, just spelled differently).

    P.S. I love Psych, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Jared's nicknames for Tori almost always end with Head. Any reasoning there? - Willie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many cute pictures, Rachel! She is so cute!! You are great for taking so many pictures, too. It's soooo important. It's amazing that they grow so fast! I'm glad you girls didn't get sick. What a blessing!
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete