Sunday, November 29, 2009

An Ornamental Tradition...

One of the fun things about getting married is that you get to combine all of the fun Christmas traditions from both of your families. In Jared's family, everyone gets a new Christmas ornament every year. But there are a few rules that must be followed. First, it has to have the year printed on it somewhere. And my favorite is that the ornament has to have something to do with an event in your life in the past year. Tonight our little family exchanged our new Christmas ornaments.
Here is Tori opening her very first Christmas present!

This ornament was perfect for her. Not only was it a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament, but it reminded us of the booties she wore on her Blessing Day!

Jared decided to get me two ornaments this year. The first was my very own "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. Tori is our little peanut, so this one couldn't have been any better!

I started to giggle when I opened the second ornament. I would never have thought Jared would give me a Wonder Woman ornament. He went on to explain that I have been through so much this past year - being pregnant, having a baby, quiting my job, etc. - and that I was his Wonder Woman. Needless to say, I was in tears by the time he was done! It was the perfect ornament!!!

Right off the bat, I have to say that Jared's ornament was perfect! As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one for him. If you look closely, the Daddy Snowman has his arms around the Mommy Snowman and the Baby Snowman. And that is exactly what Jared does with Tori and me. He is always there with his arms around us, making sure that we are safe, protected, and adored! It shows how much he shows his love for us everyday!

I have always loved Christmas time, it is by far my favorite holiday. But there is something extra special this year as we get to share in Tori's first Christmas! This will definitely be a Christmas I will always remember!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment