Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve

Our Christmas Eve started out with a bang. This morning we all got together to read and act out the Christmas story out of the scriptures. This was a major production, complete with singing hymns and primary songs, reading from the scriptures, and (my favorite) fabulous costumes!
We started out with Samuel the Lamanite - Alec did a fantastic job!!!
And then switched scenes to Mary and Joseph on the way to Bethlehem. Douglas and Nikki played the perfect parents-to-be!
Grandpa was a wonderful angel proclaiming the birth of the Savior. Geoffrey, Danae, and Michelle were awesome shepherds.
Tori stole the show by being the most adorable Baby Jesus!!! Dillon and Taylor were our great (second) Mary and Joseph!And then we had some awesome wise men! I think that Jared was working out some of his pre-production nerves!This really was the most wonderful way to start out our Christmas Eve. It was wonderful having all of the family together and remembering the real reason why we celebrate Christmas!

This picture just had to be posted. The best part is that I don't think Uncle Geoff realized that Kurtis was behind him - he he!!!!As is Allen tradition, we went out to eat at a local Mexican restaurant for lunch. There were so many of us, we went through so many baskets of chips and salsa - it was fantastic! It was so much fun laughing and being together!!!
Dillon loved the food!!!
Tori had a great time getting lots of attention - especially from Grandma and Grandpa!!!
This evening we participated in another great Christmas tradition. We all got to open one gift - our new Christmas pajamas. We did this in my family growing up as well. I don't know why, but going to bed in new Christmas pajamas makes everything even more magical!
Tori's package was almost as big as she is!!!
Here is our family in our new Christmas pjs!

After everyone had gone to bed, Jared, Tori, and I had a little Christmas tradition of our own. In my family we would read the Christmas story in Luke in our new Christmas pajamas as we gathered around our Christmas tree right before we went to bed. It was always so special listening to my dad read while we were sitting in the glow of the Christmas tree lights. So even though we had already read from the scriptures this morning, the three of us gathered by the Christmas tree and once again read of the wonderful events recorded in the scriptures about the Savior's birth. It was a very special way for us to end a fantastic Christmas Eve!

2 comments:

  1. With every post you are bring me to happy tears. I love reading and reliving the wonderful times we have shared together! Thanks Rachel. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the fun Christmas pictures! I love hearing about people's Christmas traditions. I think the mexican restaurant is a new one for me. :) Looks like you guys had so much fun. I've kinda wanted to see what Texas is like. Tori is so cute!! I love the picture of you 3 after church by the Christmas tree--I think that'll be one Tori loves. It's fun to see pictures of your parents when they 'were young'. :) You guys are so cute!! Hope it's not too cold for you these days!

    ReplyDelete