Monday, February 15, 2010

A Fun Weekend

Friday night Tori was doing an awesome job turning to sounds. I have to admit that this made my little audiologist heart so happy - our baby girl can localize to sounds! I even took some video (sorry it is sideways)!!!

Friday evening Jared and I were able to attend the High Priest's Valentine's dance. Tori was able to play with some of the girls in the Beehive class in the nursery for a little bit. She had so much fun with them!!! It was really nice for Jared and I to be able to enjoy the amazing dinner without worrying about Tori. We haven't been able to do that for some time. We even got a dance in!!! Tori did join in on the last part of the evening, but was soon whisked away by Brother Evans. Before we knew it, he had Tori asleep on Fat Mountain - the affectionate name he has for his stomach! I so wish I had had our camera, it was so cute! Thanks again Brother Evans!!!!

Yesterday, Jared surprised me with the most beautiful flowers and yummy chocolate! I absolutely love lilies and the roses are gorgeous! Thanks for spoiling me Jared!!!
In the afternoon, Jared, Tori, and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a baptism for one of the families Jared gets to home teach. Missy, we are so excited for you and glad that we were able to share in your special day!!!

Last night Tori had her first real food - if you can call rice cereal real food! I'm not sure what we were expecting, something along the lines of rice cereal all over the place and Tori not eating anything. She really surprised us and did pretty good for her first time eating off a spoon!
The very first bite!!!

This year it was my turn to plan our Valentine's Day activities. My plan was to have fun and festive food throughout the day. It started out with heart-shaped pink pancakes for breakfast. I was proud of myself for having them ready before Jared had to leave for meetings at 7:30! But the best was yet to come. For our romantic dinner we had steak (which I made Jared grill since he is our resident grill master!), and cheese fondue. I'll admit that the cheese fondue was a little interesting, but not too bad, and the steaks were absolutely amazing. We even had dinner by candlelight for the first half of the meal!!! And then we finished it off with some awesome chocolate fondue for dessert. Happy Valentine's Day Jared! I love you oh so very much and am glad that we get to spend the rest of forever together!!!

As this was Tori's first Valentine's we tried to make sure that she was dressed for the occasion. We picked out a dress that was pink with hearts all over it - it was just perfect for today. She looked so adorable as I got her ready for church. And I was even more pleased that we made it to church with her still looking adorable - we have a curse when it comes to dresses getting spit up all over them on Sunday mornings. But we made it intact. As Jared was getting Tori out of her car seat he noticed that she needed her diaper changed and offered to take care of it. I went into Sacrament meeting and didn't think much about it, until Jared and Tori had been gone for about 15 minutes. I just knew that our curse had hit again. And yep, I turned around and there was Tori in her backup dress- it's a really good thing that I pack one!!! So the Valentine's dress didn't even make it into the first meeting, I had a feeling I should have taken a picture of her before we left this morning - oh well!!! But we made sure to get pictures of Tori in her super cute new Valentine's pajamas!!!

And we had to get a backside shot as well!!!

From the looks of this picture, I think Tori had a great Valentine's Day!!!This video shows just how much Tori enjoyed her very first Valentine's Day- and it's even in her own words!!!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!! We hope you all had a great day and know how much we love and appreciate all you do for us!!!

1 comment: