Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Great Visit

Today we had the wonderful opportunity to have a special Stake Conference. Our Stake was visited by Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. We were so excited to hear from him and be taught by him. Elder Christofferson's entire talk was amazing, but there was one part in particular that struck me more than the rest. Near the end of his talk, when bearing testimony of the Savior, Elder Christofferson said, "Him I know." This very simple statement spoke straight to my heart. I know that he really does know our Savior! After this meeting I felt so renewed and uplifted.

After the meeting, Elder Christofferson invited everyone to come up and meet him - especially the children. This scene must have been very similar to the one described in 3 Nephi when the Savior had all of the children come to Him one by one. I could have watched all day long. Jared, Tori, and I took the opportunity to meet Elder Christofferson. It was so neat talking with him for a few minutes. My favorite part was when he asked if Tori was one of our "good works?" To this we replied that she definitely was!!! Elder Christofferson was surely about his Father's business today and it made me feel that I need to do the same more often. Today has been a truly great Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment