Saturday, February 20, 2010

Learning...

The past two days I have learned a few very important things. I was able to cover two clinics at Wishard hospital and must admit that I was so nervous. I was afraid that my audiology skills would be rusty - not having really even thought about audiology stuff for the past 6 months. But, I learned that I still am an audiologist and my skills are intact. After my first patient, I now know which light switch turns the lights in the booth off - I still feel bad for that kid being in the dark for a minute!!! And I also learned that I still love my Audiology/ENT family! It is amazing how blessed I am to have all of you as part of my life and part of my family - there will always be a special place in my heart for all of you!!!

This experience also reaffirmed to me that Jared is the most amazing husband. He worked it out so he could watch Tori both afternoons, even though it wasn't very convenient for him. Although, he did have a great time showing her off!!!

But the most important thing I learned is that I made the right decision to stay home with Tori. Being with her makes everything else pale in comparison. The things that I use to worry about so much at work, don't seem very important anymore. I will always love being an audiologist, but I love my new job title of Mom so much more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment