Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trunk-or-Treat Fun

Last Christmas, Uncle Dillon gave Tori her nickname of 'Torsinator'- which is still one of my favorites. As we have been approaching Halloween, we told Dillon that if he could tell us what the Torsinator looked like we would try to make that Tori's costume. Well, Dillon took the challenge and came up with an awesome picture of our little superhero. Now it was up to us to bring the vision to life. I must admit, we have spent several weeks finding and making all of the pieces. But we finally finished everything up last weekend. Dillon (and the rest of the Allen pose) got a sneak-peak on Sunday, but Tori's costume got its official debut at our ward's annual trunk-or-treat activity this evening. I was very excited to see how it would all pull together since we didn't do her mask on Sunday. I think it turned out awesome!!!

Here is our little Torsinator! (I am still so happy that she let me put makeup on her face!)

We started out by having dinner in the gym at the church. At one point I turned around and Tori had picked up a few things. Yep, she was a pumpkin thief! Luckily the Jenks weren't worried and let her play with them all through dinner!

Here is our Superhero family - I think we look pretty great and ready to defend the world!

After dinner, Tori decided to try out a few of her super powers. She practiced her flying skills a little, or at least the take off part!

The second time she looked a little more fearsome!

Being a superhero is hard work and required a few breaks!

Here she is working on her faces to scare away the bad guys. Thanks for your help Natalie!

Here is Tori's first reaction to her stash of Halloween goodies!

I love that the first things she really picked up were the play dough!

Dillon, thank you so much for helping us come up with Tori's costume!!! It was definitely a huge hit at the activity. Every time I looked at her I couldn't help but smile and think how fantastic she looked! I think we may enlist your help again next year, if you are up for it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love it!!! The mask is perfect! I love your shirts and the whole ensemble looks wonderful! Of course, you are superheroes to me! Thanks for sharing your costumes! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain you don't have to give Tori a cape or even a small tiara to be a superhero. She has the ability to make this world a better place. Being trained by amazing parents and her sweet personality will soften and warm many hearts. I love you all a ton. Happy Halloween

    ReplyDelete