Saturday, October 2, 2010

Sisterhood of Scrappers

Jared's Mom was able to come visit us this week - don't worry, there will be much more on that soon! With her coming, that also meant it was time for the Camp Camby scrapbook event. Last time, we were only at Camp Camby for the times when Mom was teaching her classes. This time we decided to sign up and enjoy the entire Camp Camby experience - and it was awesome! Imagine over 100 ladies, each with their own table, accompanied by all their scrapbook equipment, and 4 days to do nothing but scrapbook - it was definitely a glorious site!

Now, I am not a very good scrapbooker- very much in the learning process still. Since this was really my first big scrapbook event, there was something very unique that I noticed about my fellow scrapbookers - they are really one big sisterhood! Everyone was so willing to share supplies, ideas, lots of laughs! I have noticed this same kind of bond with Mom's scrapbook ladies in Texas as well. I'm not sure what the catalyst is, but there is something about scrapbooking together that brings you really close really fast. There is no secret to get into the club, you just have to show up and enjoy the wonderful ladies all around you! For a beginner, I very much appreciated feeling so included and even loved for being there!

Here are some pictures from our fun weekend of scrapbooking (I only wish I had taken a bunch more)!!!
This is most of the group of attendees!
Julie was across the table from us. I am so glad we got to know her, she is so much fun!!!
Tori even got into the scrapbooking a bit!
Since we were all staying up so late, there were occasionally a few naps during the day. Our fearless leaders were no exception!
Suzie went around bestowing "many blessings" on everyone - even Tori!
Yeah for Camp Camby, we had a great time and can't wait until March!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment