Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

I am finding that birthdays become interesting the older I get. I no longer count down the days until my birthday - sometimes they even sneak up on me. Which is kind of what happened with today. I knew my birthday was coming, and I knew that Jared was really busy with work and wouldn't be home until late, so I wasn't really planning on much. But then fun things started to happen right from the start! A sister in our institute class totally surprised me by bringing a cake and flowers to our class this morning!!! The cake was so yummy and I was truly touched that she was so thoughtful to even remember it was my birthday - definitely a good way to start out the day! Then Tori and I were able to go to lunch with Molly and Brooklyn - another unexpected addition to the day! It was so nice to get out of the house, to eat some great food, and best of all, to spend time with a fabulous friend! Thanks so much Molly - I loved every minute!!! This evening Jared also surprised me with the perfect card and some very sweet gifts - yep, I even got a little teary-eyed! And then there were the numerous texts, phone calls, cards, and messages from my dear family - thank you so much for all of them!!!
So for a day I almost forgot about, it turned out to be spectacular! Thanks for all of you that helped make it that way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment