Friday, April 1, 2011

Snack Time with Daddy

Today Tori woke up from her 3.5 hour nap extremely happy. As soon as she officially wakes up (ie plays for a bit in her crib, hands us all her blankets and stuffed animals, surrenders the Binky, and plays for a little bit upstairs), Rachel takes her downstairs for her afternoon snack. This past week it has been my spring break and what a joy it has been to be home and relax and enjoy some quality time with my family. It was during this week I have come to realize just how much Rachel does here at home. This realization especially hit me hard yesterday and today. Rachel has had the wonderful opportunity to attend a 2.5 day Audiology Conference that takes place her in Indy every year. The reason why this is so awesome is that in order to keep her certification Rachel has to receive so many hours a year of continuing education and a majority if not all of her hours needed come from this conference. The audiology conference started yesterday and will continue until late Saturday morning. Since it is my spring break I have had the wonderful opportunity to spend some quality time at home being Mr. Mom over the past two days. It is hard work let me tell you. By the time Rachel comes home from her conference I am wasted. Tori is a such joy but also a little ball of energy. Anyways, to stick with the pattern my wife laid out for our beautiful girl, I would take her down for a snack after she woke up from her nap. Today she must have slept really well because her and I really enjoyed snack time. She was all full of giggles. I hope you enjoy our snack time as much as we did today!!!



Tori even lets out a snort or two in this one!!!




Rachel, I love you for the sacrifices you make daily in order to stay at home with Tori. Tori and I hope you enjoyed your conference. We miss you terribly but we are so proud of you and your desire to keep your certification valid!!!


PS: There will be more blogs posted below this one so please stay tuned for more of Rachel's updates of our excursions over that past few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Based on the shadows in the background it looks like you were doing a lot of full body movement to get Tori laughing so well. I wish I could have seen what you were up to.

    ReplyDelete