Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Our Halloween Festivities

We have had a fantastic time with Halloween festivities this year!  It all started with a fun package from Grandma and Grandpa Allen!
Yeah for fun Halloween outfits!
Garrett was more interested in the fruit snacks!!!
This year it took us a bit to come up with our outfits- we try and do a family theme every year.  Tori is the one that came up with the idea for us to be Mario Brothers characters.  We totally expected her to be Princess Peach, so when she requested Toadette, we were pleasantly surprised!  I am so proud of how this turned out- Tori's is the only costume I had to make this year!
A couple of weeks ago we attended Zoo Boo at the Indianapolis Zoo.  Here we are getting ready to go in!
Garrett loved the pumpkin bowling!
Tori was so excited to be this close to a parakeet!
This was our favorite family photo from the event!  We have Jared as Mario, Garrett as Wario, Rachel as Luigi, and Tori as Toadette!!!
I think this is my second favorite picture- we always love checking out the elephants!!!
Along with seeing the animals, Tori and Garrett both enjoyed doing a little trick-or-treating along the way!
Zoo Boo was a blast!!!
Last Friday, we went to our Ward's Trunk-or-Treat activity.  Sadly, my camera battery died shortly after we arrived.  But we did get this picture of Tori and one of her best friends Lily!
This is the only one I got of Garrett- he was not a happy Wario at the time!
We enjoyed sampling tons of yummy chili and our chili even took home the Most Manly Chili award!!! Then our kids had a grand time trunk-or-treating and getting a bunch of candy!
Which brings us to tonight.  It was a little too cold for Garrett to go out, so he got to help me man the door!
Tori and Daddy braved the cold to go out trick-or-treating!
Here we are handing out some candy.  I'm not sure why I have this look on my face.  Oh, it could have been that I was about to give candy to the kid that said, "that's it," or another one that said, "I don't like that."  Luckily, most of the kids said, "thank you!"
Tori loved trick-or-treating this year!
What a pro!
Tori and Jared followed this "duckie" around all night long.  Tori was tickled to pieces to get a picture with her!
Tori couldn't wait to check out her haul!!!
Garrett wanted to check it out, too!  He moved in quick and got a hold of some dots! (I love this picture- I'm sure we are going to have more than one squabble over candy in the next few weeks!)
Happy Halloween- we have thoroughly enjoyed celebrating all month long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment