Friday, May 7, 2010

Flying Away...

My sister Terrah is getting married next week and we get the awesome opportunity to be there for the big day. The only thing about this trip that I have not been completely excited about was Tori's first flight. I have heard all the horror stories of babies crying the entire time because their ears hurt so badly. And it didn't help that Jared couldn't fly out until tomorrow. I have been dreading our flights to Utah for about as long as they have been booked. But today finally came and all started out great - we even got to the airport early. Jared was able to help get us all checked in and our bags and Tori's car seat all taken care of. Then came the moment when we had to part. I guess I really hadn't thought about what that moment would be like for Jared, I have just been so worried about me being alone. I have to say that this was one of the most tender experiences in our little family's history. Jared and I were both doing okay until he gave Tori a hug goodbye. I think that was the last straw, and he broke down. Then I started crying- I really wonder what all of the other travelers were thinking. But even though we will be back together again tomorrow - I am so glad that we had our very tender goodbye today. I think it helped me to realize that this was hard for Jared too. That even though he couldn't physically be with us, he was with us in spirit every single mile of our journey!
Here is our big girl waiting to get on her very first airplane!
This is how she spent part of the first flight and all of the second flight - she did awesome!!! Not one tear at all!
And here she is playing and having a great time on our layover in Denver!
I guess all the dread and worry was for naught, our flights couldn't have gone any better. My baby girl has very healthy eustachian tubes - I am so proud!!! And as usual, Tori won over everyone around us. It really is amazing how powerful her smile is!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment