Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's Day as a mother! I'm not sure what I was expecting today to be like, but I have to admit, I had a hard time. And the thing is, I'm not really sure why. I felt completely spoiled by Jared. Dad Allen tracked us down and made sure I had a gorgeous corsage to wear today! I was able to spend part of the day with my Mom and time with Mom Allen via webcam. By all accounts, it was amazing!!! As I have thought about it further, I think it's because it was my first Mother's day. I don't think I was expecting to get so much attention - I've been so worried about making sure our awesome Moms got all the attention and credit they deserve. But as I have realized this, I also realized that it was okay for me to get some attention today that I really am trying to be a great mom. (And I did thoroughly enjoy the chocolates I got after Sacrament meeting.) So, after further reflection, I had an absolutely fabulous first Mother's day!!! And we want to let our Moms know how much we love and appreciate everything you do for us. I don't think we could make it through a week without you! We love you tons and tons!!!

Here is Tori in her outfit we saved especially for today!!!
She looked so adorable!
Hurrah for Mother-Daughter shots! (Isn't my corsage beautiful - thanks Dad Allen!!!)
And it's even better with Grandma!
I'm not quite sure on this one, but I think Tori's visit may have been one of the highlights of the day for Grandma Harrison - just a guess!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment