Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Baby Step

Before Garrett was born, we had visions of Tori and Garrett's first meeting.  She would run into the hospital room and give Garrett a big hug and then promptly want to hold him.  Which would result in some absolutely adorable pictures.  Well, things didn't go like that at all.  Tori's first reaction was to push Garrett away and even now she really isn't a fan of him touching her.  The other night when she was in the tub she started saying "Baby Brother" and then started crying.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong since he was laying on the rug, so not anywhere near her.  Then I solved the riddle, his foot was barely touching her pajamas.  I guess those are off limits, too!  The funny thing is, she will get diapers for him, give him his binkie, even put a blanket on him - as long as there is no touching.  Even when Tori gives Garrett a kiss and a hug she leaves about an inch of space between the two of them - it's pretty funny to watch!
So, tonight when we decided to try having Garrett and Tori take a bath together for the first time, I was a little worried about how Tori would react.  I couldn't have been more shocked, and pleased, when she took his washcloth and washed his toes, belly, and back.  Then we flipped back to our typical mode when Tori dumped water on Garrett's head! Oh well, once step at a time I guess!
Maybe we had to start out a little rough so we would really appreciate these sweet (and small) moments when they come along!!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Tori makes me laugh! They are so going to be the kids in the backseat, "She's touching me!" and "He's on my side!". Love those little moments of peace. :)

    ReplyDelete