Monday, November 22, 2010

An Incredible Phenomenon

For the last couple of weeks Tori has started sharing her toys. This usually consists of her handing me one of her numerous dolls or stuffed animals. Without even thinking about it I typically pull the doll in close to me and gently pat it on the back. A few days ago, with a little bit of shock and utter delight, I noticed that Tori is now doing this with her toys...


While Jared and I both think it's absolutely adorable, it has really caused me to reflect on the great responsibility we have as parents. If Tori will copy something as little as how I hold a toy, what else will she copy? And also, is she seeing the things we would like her to learn enough to copy them? I really hope that she is seeing us pray and read our scriptures enough- or even more than enough. I hope that she sees us being kind to one another and to those around us. I hope that she sees us being grateful for all of our numerous blessings. I hope that she sees us living the gospel and truly being disciples of Jesus Christ. And I hope and pray that these are the things that she will copy and make a permanent part of her life. I know that these are the things that make us happy and bring us the most joy because they bring us closer to our Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment