Monday, November 29, 2010

An Ornamental Evening

Every year Jared's family had a great tradition where everyone got a new ornament. It had to have the year on it somewhere and had to relate to an event that had taken place during the year. I am so glad that we have decided to keep this tradition with our own family! It is so fun looking at ornaments and trying to find the one that will be perfect!
Tori and I made sure that we had everything all ready for Family Home Evening tonight. This included setting up the tree, wrapping ornaments, and pulling out all of our fun Christmas decorations. As a side note, for the past two years when we have lived in apartments it seemed like we had tons of Christmas decorations. Now that we live in a house, I realized that we have much more space to fill - little by little I am sure we will get there!!!
Here is Tori discovering the Christmas tree!
It was so fun watching her touch the branches. I was quite impressed with how gentle she was - we'll see how long that lasts!!!
Jared and I found Tori's ornament really early this year.
It is called the Wibble Wobble Reindeer. This was perfect since Tori learned how to walk this year - she was definitely a little wibbly and wobbly at first!
I think it was a hit - at least it passed the taste test!!!
I had a really fun time finding Jared's ornament. I was going to go with the obvious school house or something teacher-ish. But I decided to take a different route that I don't think Jared was expecting...
Yeah for a golf ornament, and I have three reasons why this was the absolute best ornament for Jared this year!!!
1- Jared got a hole in one when he landed his first job - which really has turned out to be his dream job!
2- This is the first year that Jared and I went golfing together!!!
3- This is the first year that Jared has beaten Jon Willison in golf!!!!! (Sorry Jon, but that really was one of my reasons)
So, there you have it - the perfect ornament. And even better, Jared was thrilled!!!
And now for my ornament! Every year I am so excited to see what Jared picks out for me, and every year he always does a great job!!!
Yeah for a new home ornament!!!
This ornament is absolutely beautiful and Jared's reason for getting it for me made it even more so. He said that together we bought our house, but it was me that has made it a home! Yep, I have the best and sweetest husband ever!!!
Now that our tree is up, with favorite new and old ornaments all over, it really feels like Christmas! I have always loved Christmas trees- for some reason there is something so magical about them. And I love the beautiful reminder it is about this wonderful season and the light that the Savior brings into our lives! We hope that you all are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season too!!!

1 comment: