Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ice Storm 2011- Day 3

The storm really ended yesterday, but our world is still covered in ice and school is still out - so day 3 works for me. Although, the sun finally did come out today and things are starting to melt a little bit. So now we have icicles, instead of just ice, on everything. Jared dubbed today as 'The Meltdown' - which is partly because of the actual melting and I think because he is starting to go crazy being stuck at home! To combat this, we made a family excursion to WalMart this afternoon. I know, it's pretty sad when going to WalMart is an exciting adventure. It felt so nice to be outside! We even commented on how warm it felt - which is sad since we can still see our breath! I really wish I had taken my camera with us on our outing. Everything looks so beautiful with all of the ice on it - talk about sparkly! Jared did take some pictures around our house to show all of our melting- they turned out great!
Yep, still lots of ice!
But it is slowly starting to thaw out!
A really cool picture of the tree in our front yard!
And lots of icicles!!!
Jared got another call this afternoon - tomorrow will be snow day number 4! That has to be some kind of a record. I guess the entire parking lot at the high school is still an ice rink. When I think of a ton of high school kids driving on that, I am glad that Jared will be home safe with us!!! The girl's swim team still have sectionals in the afternoon and evening - I am sure that Jared will be glad to get out for a bit and coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment