Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nursery: Here We Come!!!

Tori turned 18 months old today! Which means that on Sunday she will officially be in Nursery (the class at church for kids 18 months to 3 years old). I really don't know how I feel about this transition. I am excited that Jared and I don't have to try and keep Tori entertained for the last 2 hours of church. But, this is really hitting home that our little girl is growing up! She has her own class at church now! She will get to start making new friends and be just that much more independent. It really feels like some kind of rite-of-passage thing that she has gone through. And while I know that she is going to love being in Nursery, a little part of me wants to pull her back!
Just recently she has been going through another developmental surge. It seems like all of the sudden more and more things are starting to click into place. For instance, the other night we were getting ready to go and I asked Tori to go find her shoes. This is what she came out with:

So, not her shoes- but she knew what I was talking about and even got it on her foot!!!
Today we took some pictures with Tori's Bear to show how big she is getting. It sure is getting tricky getting pictures with props. Yep, Tori is holding Bear, but not holding still at all!
And then Tori worked on her throwing a bit (poor Bear)...
For some reason, Mommy's sweater was way more fun than Bear!
Yeah- we finally got a good one with Tori holding Bear!!!
Hurrah for growing up! It really is an adventure watching Tori discover the world around her! So Nursery - here we come!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's nursery time. Have I told you how much I love your blog? Thanks for all the fun pictures and videos. I download a lot of them onto my computer. Tori is adorable as always! I also love the text of her singing in bed!!! What a sweetheart! Love you!

    ReplyDelete